Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Door Wreath

So here is a project I did that was pretty simple. I am an advocate for Hobby Lobby. I love what they stand for and LOVE their prices, and if you don't have the Hobby Lobby app... Please, please, please do yourself a favor and download it now...http://www.hobbylobby.com/ this is where I got all the items I needed.


So here is my beautiful wreath! My mom picked out the colors, which I didn't think would look that good (and they are Tennessee colors... Yuck! Go DAWGS!) but this was super cute for summer. Here is what was used:
Materials:
-1 Med Size Grape Vine Wreath
-1 Roll wide Wired Burlap Ribbon (in any color you like, white is shown here)
-1 bundle daisies (Now use your creativity, you can use any flower you like, any color you like. I always say if it pops out at you and you like it, it's probably meant to go home with you, Orange Daisies did it for me)
-Gardening Wire
-Wire Cutters

Now, I learned how to make a bow from working in a bridal boutique where all the gifts had hand made bows, so I am not expecting you to get it on the first try.  One day I will upload a video of me making my bow. If I can do it anyone can! It is too easy!! I will try to explain in my wording.
Take as much slack from the ribbon as you want to hang from the bow then make a "dog ear" twist it one good time. This is why you use wired ribbon, it actually stays! make another "dog ear" in the other direction and repeat until you get the results you want. I did approximately 10 times, 5 on each side. It will be flat in the middle, but once you put on the wreath you will fluff it, but we will get to that shortly. Cut a foot piece of gardening wire and wrap around the middle of the bow to secure it together then leave enough slack to tie to the wreath.  Cut the two leftover pieces hanging so they are the same length.  Position the bow where you want it on the wreath and fluff the "dog ears" until you get them looking good.  I thought slightly to the side would be cute on the positioning. Use the extra wire to attach to the wreath and just twist it like a twist tie until it is secure. Next, use your wire cutters to cut the stems of the flowers to just short enough where they can stick in the wreath but not poke out.   Just stick them in randomly and fill in a random area. Remember, this is all using your creativity, make it your own!! And that's it!! Super easy! Literally it took 10 minutes and I was done and I love it! The next thing I would have done would have been to add an initial or monogram, but since my roommate is a guy, I knew the orange flowers were enough...
So simple, so easy, so CUTE! I get so many compliments on it. Any questions please post I will try to answer!

Go CREATE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment